Starting Sunday Dec. 10, it’s time to apply to Polaris Tech Charter School!
Families of Lowcountry students who will be in grades 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 next school year are encouraged to apply online for enrollment at Polaris Tech Charter School, a new public charter school opening in Ridgeland for the upcoming school year.
To apply, visit www.polaristech.org and click on the “Ápply” tab. The entire application process is online and can be done on a computer, tablet or smartphone. The application app will be live starting Dec. 10.
“It’s a perfect holiday gift – we closed on the school site property, demolition is being scheduled and construction is going to start soon, and now we are opening up student applications for Polaris Tech,” said Sandra Chavez, chair of the Polaris Tech Planning Committee.
Polaris Tech is a state-approved charter school to serve middle and high school students from Jasper County and the Lowcountry. It is a free school (no tuition), that will focus on preparing young people for successful work and college.
The Polaris Tech academic emphasis will be on six career areas: Aerospace, health science, information technology, logistics, advanced manufacturing, and business management. Polaris Tech expects to enroll about 250 students in grades 6-10 for the school year starting in August.
Construction of the new school will start on property across from the Ridgeland Airport once demolition is completed, probably in early January. The approximate 28,000 square foot facility being built will be Phase 1 of the project, with a second structure planned for the site in a few years.
To help parents and guardians use the online student application tool for Polaris Tech, a series of community student sign-up meetings are set: 2
- Sunday, December 10, following the 11 AM service at Kingdom Touch Ministries, 6714 Tillman Road, Ridgeland
- Monday, December 11, the Baptist Center on Bees Creek Road from 4 - 7 PM, 3763 Bees Creek Rd, Ridgeland, SC 29936
- Tuesday, December 12, The Morris Center for Lowcountry Heritage, 10782 S Jacob Smart Blvd, Ridgeland, SC 29936 from 4 to 7 PM
- Wednesday, December 13, Hardeeville Library, 30 Main St, Hardeeville, SC 29927 from 4 to 7 PM
- Thursday, December 14, The Morris Center, 4-7 PM
- Friday, December 15, Hardeeville Library from 3 - 5 PM
- Sunday, December 17, St. Anthony's Catholic Church, 696 S. Jacob Smart Blvd. in Ridgeland at the 6 PM Mas
Parents/guardians should bring their smartphones or tablets. All locations have Wi-Fi and parents will complete the online application process on-site.
To keep updated about Polaris Tech Charter School, follow them on Facebook and at www.polaristech.org.